European values: theoretical foundations formation
Ukraine needs systematic political, legal and economic reforms. All these changes are aimed at bringing Ukraine closer to the European Union and introducing European values and standards into Ukraine’s state policy.
Despite a deep study of the notion of «value» and the introduction of «European values» into the political life of society, scientists have very superficially considered the issues of Ukrainian values, and their reorientation and adaptation to European values and standards.
This is first and foremost due to the difficult and unstable development of the Ukrainian political space. In view of all these problems, it is appropriate to study such concepts as: «values of political space», «European values», «values of Ukrainian society».
The values of political space include ideas of political needs of certain subjects. Values of political space are formed from political realities, they are elements in which the subjects are endowed with appropriate needs and positions that determine the position or disposition of the subject in that space.
The difference between political values and values of political space lies in the fact that political space reflects the desired result of political activity, as opposed to the values of the political ones that reflect the preferences, interests of the political space actors, who live in the system in real time, and fight beyond the spheres of influence.
Everyone has to comprehend value-based ideas, in particular about the purpose of the individual, moral and spiritual ideals, inner convictions, etc., based on the historical, cultural and spiritual heritage of our Motherland and European standards.
Today the state is transformed from a society with a traditional system, elements of authoritarianism into a socially oriented society with a transparent democracy. Replacement of existing value systems with the European scale of values, orientation to moral healing of society, increasing importance of culture, depriving the burden of corruption manifestations.
2. Kresina I. Ukrainska natsionalna svidomist i suchasni politychni protsesy: etnopolitolohichnyi analiz: monohrafiia. Kyiv: Vyshcha shk., 1998. 392 р. [in Ukrainian].
3. Piren M. I. Yevropeiski tsinnosti ta yikh realizatsiia u sferi derzhavnoi sluzhby ta kadrovoi polityky Ukrainy. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Natsionalnoi akademii derzhavnoho upravlinnia pry Prezydentovi Ukrainy. 2015. Vyp. 1. Р. 78 – 90. URL: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/znpnadu_2015_1_9 [in Ukrainian].
4. Pro Stratehiiu staloho rozvytku «Ukraina – 2020». URL: https://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5/2015 [in Ukrainian].
5. Shvarts Sh. Kulturnyie tsennostnyie orientatsii: priroda i sledstviya natsionalnyih razlichiy. Psihologiya. Zhurnal Vyisshey shkolyi ekonomiki. 2008. T. 5. № 2. Р. 37 – 67 [in Russian].
6. Shcherbakova Yu. Osnovni napriamy praktychnoho vtilennia demokratychnoho idealu v Ukraini. Nova paradyhma. Kyiv: Vyd-vo NPU im. M. P. Drahomanova, 2010. Vyp. 96. Р. 125 – 135 [in Ukrainian].
7. Eurobarometer. The EP and the expectations of European citizens. Retrieved from https://www.europarl.europa.eu/at-your-service/en/be-heard/eurobarometer.